Friday, March 15, 2024

Another Bank Going down the Drain

 

Image Authored by: McKay Savage, from Wikipedia. Used

I wrote a short article, https://obvioustruths.blogspot.com/2024/02/banks-going-downhill.html, on February 20th. A month has yet to pass, but I found another bank doing as badly as the first one.

Remember, we get warnings frequently asking us not to click on links in strange messages. So, I was nervous when I received a message from this bank asking me to click on a strange link to do my re-kyc. I called the customer service center and asked if this was a genuine message from the bank. I would not have hesitated if I had been asked to log in to the bank’s portal, which I regularly use.

The person handling the call asked for all kinds of identification and told me to go to the bank branch to solve the problem. I gave her a blessing, and with some trepidation, I clicked on the strange link and filled in the form displayed. Essentially, I declared that the details shown, such as my address and PAN number, were correct. But when I hit the submit button, it said, " Currently unable to handle this request." I was happy to bless the portal designer as well!

As the next step, I emailed the bank address that used to handle e-banking complaints. The response was very prompt. Within minutes, my email bounced, saying that the address did not exist.

Another blessing, this time to the whole bank! I hope the owner will sell it while someone is still willing to pay something for it!

Srinivasan Ramani

15-03-2024

No comments: